When: August 25th-27th (Friday-Sunday)
What: American Whitewater announces the 2017 Gore Canyon Race and Festival August 25th-27th at Rancho del Rio, CO. GoreFest now has an event for everyone. In addition to the famous Class V downriver race through Gore Canyon, the festival also includes a family fun float through Little Gore Canyon (class II/III), and a freestyle rodeo at the Gore Canyon Whitewater Park. You can also battle it out in the SUP Cross, SUP sprint through little Gore Canyon, or go the extra mile in the Marathon downriver SUP from Pumphouse to Rancho del Rio. There will be an Anything but…Boats race at Rancho Saturday after the Gore Race followed by great local live music, photo slideshows, beer, food, and fun. Don’t miss it! All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. Check out the weekend schedule below.
This years Festival is sponsored by Down River Equipment and includes camping, food, and entertainment. It will be held at Rancho del Rio, 10 miles downstream of the BLM’s Pumphouse Recreation Site. Limited camping is still available at Pumphouse on a first-come, first-serve basis. We encourage competitors and attendees to join the festival at Rancho, where we will be coordinating event logistics and registration, shuttles, and hosting movies, live music, food and drinks, and all things fun!
- General Registration: July 1 (12:01am) – July 31 (midnight)
- Late Registration: August 1 (12:01 am) – August 25 (noon)
- On-Site Registration: August 25 (noon) – August 26 (7:30 for Gore Race); August 25 (noon) – August 26 (3 pm for Downriver SUP); August 25 (noon) – August 27 (10 am SUPCross and Freestyle)
- *Prices increase at each stage of registration so sign up today!
REGISTRATION FOR THE FOLLOWING EVENTS COMING SOON:
- The Gore Canyon Race
- Downriver SUP Race (Pumphouse to Radium and Pumphouse to Rancho)
- Freestyle Kayak Rodeo
- SUP Cross
- A discounted American Whitewater Membership (enters you into an epic gear giveaway).
CAMPING: Camping fees are included in registration for all competitors. MORE DETAILS COMING SOON
CONFLUENCE PUT-IN: No cars can be parked at put-in until noon day of the Gore Race. If you are boating in to spectate please either have a shuttle driver or use shuttles provided from Rancho or Pumphouse Saturday morning.
Schedule: MORE DETAILS COMING SOON
- Friday, August 25th:
- 6pm-9pm > Late Event Registration (All Events) @ Rancho del Rio
- 9:30pm > DETAILS COMING SOON
- Saturday, August 26th:
- 12:00 pm > Downriver Gore Race Starts
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm > Stand-Up Paddleboard demos at Rancho del Rio
- 2:00 pm > Shuttle to Pumphouse for Family Float
- 5:00 pm > Paddle the Rockies – Race Four Downriver SUP race – Pumphouse to Radium; Marathon Downriver SUP Pumphouse to Rancho
- 7:00 pm > Live music @ Rancho del Rio
- 8:00 pm > Gore Race and SUP Race awards and photos displayed at Rancho del Rio
- 8:30 pm > More Live Music @ Rancho del Rio
- Sunday, August 27th:
- 11am > Start first round of kayak freestyle @ Gore Canyon Whitewater Park wave
- 1pm > Start of SUPcross races through Pumphouse wave
- 2pm > Finals for kayak freestyle competition @ Pumphouse
- After Finals > Kayak Freestyle Award Ceremony @ Pumphouse
*Stay tuned for more information