AIRE BAKraft Hybrid
The Aire BAKraft (Backcountry Airlite Kayak) is the only packable raft of it's kind. At 7 pounds, the AIRE BAKraft Hybrid is the lightest self-bailing packraft of it's kind. The dual-membrane design is made with tough Dyneema hull fabric and a urethane AIREcell inside. This creates a light weight, packable boat with superior air retention and simplified in-field repairs. Whether rough whitewater or alpine lakes, the AIRE BAKraft is adventure ready.
- Inflated floor with drain pockets that drains quickly and efficiently. This design also adds hull rigidity from bow to stern. This stiff I-beam floor creates a 4.5” solid cushion between you and the rocks and water beneath.
- By taking the traditional inflatable kayak and making it shorter and rounder, we’ve gained the storability and lightness of a pack raft, but kept the sleek aerodynamic qualities that make a kayak slice effortlessly through both rough and calm water.
- Even though other valve types may be lighter, we’ve refused to compromise on valve style or quality. Using the same valves you’d see on a full size raft, inflation time, deflation time and durability are non-negotiable.
Ultra Light Weight:
- The BAKraft is the lightest self-bailing pack raft on the market. A proprietary Dyneema and Sprectra support fabric shell is tough yet light, providing strength 10x that of quality steel of equal weight. Using this American made fabric, we’ve been able to add durability to this light, yet strong shell.
- A 100% air tight urethane bladder provides superior air retention (0% loss over 48 hours when tested). Two layers provides backcountry confidence through added durability. If you do happen to puncture both layers, this system also lends to easier in field repairs; just unzip to expose the urethane bladder, stick on the patch and go.
- Inflation bag
- Top off hand pump
- Thigh Straps
- Repair Kit
- Length x Width: 7' x 39"
- Tube Diameter: 12.5"
- Bow Rise x Stern Rise: 10"
- Weight: 7 lbs. 2 oz.
- Load Capacity: Up to 350 lbs.
- 2" Waterline: 56
- Aire Chambers: 2
- AIREcell Material: Urethane
- Fabric Denier x Material Weight: Spectra
- Seam Construction: Sewn
- Valve: Summit 2
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited
- It meets the typical requirements in terms of weight (3.15kg) and pack size of a backpack boat. However, thanks to the inflatable floor and the high-pressure valves it’s as rigid as the best IK.
- The BAKraft’s distinctive attribute is the self-bailing floor (what washes over the sides quickly drains straight out through four bailing ports), which allows a deck free handling and provides a maximum of freedom. It makes frequent entry and exit convenient and fast). And because of the high inflatable floor, on you’re always sitting above the water level with good visibility.
- The unmatched buoyancy and rigidity of the BAKraft makes it feel more like a kayak than any other packraft. It surfs superbly, climbs effortlessly over waves and rollers, and glides easily through rough or calm waters. It’s shape and buoyancy provide a stable position on the water.
- Another feature is the multi-purposed ‘ISC Bag’ (Inflation, Seat, Cargo bag), which is used for inflating the boat, as a backrest and also providing gear storage, all which minimizes the total weight of the package.
- Thigh braces ensure the paddler maintains a secure connection and effective control of the boat. Bracing, edging and even eskimo rolls are all possible, enhancing balance and supporting technical moves.